Tracking more than just word count
Get a report on a page’s SEO score, word count, keyword density & more
How does our word counter tool work?
Our word calculator tool scans inserted texts and analyzes them in terms of how many characters, words, sentences, and paragraphs there are in total. Plus, it checks the number of characters with white spaces removed, the average number of words in a sentence, and the average reading time.
Our word counter tool was developed to accurately measure the number of characters, words, sentences, and paragraphs used in a piece of content. The word counter tool includes:
- Real-time word counter The tool allows you to count the number of characters, words, sentences, and paragraphs in a URL or a text as you are typing it into the input field.
- Selected text word counter The word count tool displays the exact number of characters, words, sentences, and paragraphs in a URL or a selected part of the analyzed content.
- Character counter The tool checks how many characters with and without white spaces there are in a text, including letters, punctuation marks, and numbers.
- Word counter With the help of this tool, you can find out how many words there are in a text.
- Sentence counter Our service lets you know how many complete sentences there are in a text.
- Paragraph counter With this tool, you can insert text to find out how many paragraphs there are in it in a matter of seconds.
- Average word number per sentence The tool indicates how many words there are on average in one sentence of the analyzed text.
- Estimated reading time The service points out how long it takes users on average to read a piece of text.
Counting the number of words and characters of different texts (main content on a page, meta tags, etc.) is essential for SEO tasks. For example, the title and description tag that users see in the SERP have character limits you need to stick to.
You also need to keep track of the size of the web page’s main content. If it is much shorter than similar pages on your top competitors’ websites, your chances of getting higher rankings decrease. Plus, longer content tends to better reveal the topic of the page so users don’t have to leave the page in search of additional information. Long, helpful content can increase user engagement of your website. Counting paragraphs and words per paragraph is useful to make sure your text is readable and properly structured.
Tools for checking the number of words and characters in a text are indispensable to many fields and can be used for a number of purposes.
They come in handy when you need to check the length of title and description tags to make sure they don’t go beyond the allowed limits. If they do, people who see such pages on the SERPs may go for a competitor with a more clear and concise snippet.
Plus, word counters are useful when it comes to determining the optimal text length for advertisements, for example, on Google Ads. The service also helps specialists stick to technical assignment guidelines that clearly spell out word and character limits.
On top of that, such tools help you check the number of words in your content and that of your competitors.
The word count checker will help anyone working with texts and to those whose work is related to marketing. For example, the service helps bloggers, copywriters, PPC and SEO specialists in optimizing content, determining the cost of writing services, checking the word count for advertisements, and much more.
On top of that, the tool is useful for educational purposes. Both students and teachers can use it for writing and checking term papers, essays, and abstracts.
Word counting is also essential in office work where there is a need to write and translate various types of articles, texts, and materials. Journalists, lawyers, secretaries, translators, and a number of other professionals can benefit from word counters.
To do this, you can use our service. Just copy and paste or type a URL into the input field and click the respective button to get the results. In a matter of seconds, the tool will provide you with the results containing information about the total number of words in your text as well as the word count in an average sentence.
With the help of this service, you can check texts that are up to 30,000 words long.
Yes, the service counts the exact number of sentences and paragraphs in a piece of text. Copy and paste the text into the input field and click the respective button to get the results.
The average word in the English language contains 4.7 characters.
Sentences can consist of one word or stretch over several lines. Everything depends on the style, goal, and audience. The average sentence length is 15-20 words.
Once you get the results, you can understand how many words you have on the page compared to your top competitors, check to see if the number of words in a text doesn’t exceed technical assignment guidelines, make sure the text is readable and scannable, and so on.