Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee the daily workflow of the engineering department.
- Establish, prioritize and implement the strategic direction of the company’s engineering initiatives.
- Develop and Implement strategic technological developments within the department (particularly in the adoption of public, cloud-native infrastructure and away from self-configured, self-hosted servers).
- Establish, communicate, and manage the adoption of engineering and development policies, practices, standards, processes and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations.
- Develop the team through continuous training and learning as well as increasing shared knowledge to ensure quality end products.
- Identify and reduce inefficiencies within the engineering organization and its interface with stakeholders.
- Plan growth to achieve product goals and guide recruitment activities.
- Prepare, manage and optimize departmental budgets and work with the executive team to ensure those are met within the overall company budget.
- Implement disaster recovery, data privacy, cybersecurity and compliance policies and procedures to support scale and due diligence as part of a future exit.
Skills and Experience:
- 8-10+ years experience of software development based on PHP.
- Strong people management abilities.
- Experience with agile development a big plus.
- Proven leadership capabilities including strategy development, effective decision making, and the ability to drive results.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to translate and articulate complicated business problems into easily understood solutions and functional requirement.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation Russian and English skills.
What we offer
In return to commitment and talent we offer competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities for career growth and an instant gratification working with a group of top-notch professionals.
We are building a strong team and an awesome product. Join in!