All search engines Google, Bing, Yahoo and others tend to reach the same goal to show a right answer to the given question and make your search as much as possible comfortable, quality and useful. That’s why search engines started to analyze and take into consideration all preferences and interests of users. One of the latest innovations in search engines was a personalized search, i.e. search engine results that take into consideration your preferences and are showed only to you.
What Changes in Search Engine Results:
When you enter your search engine query, the Google robot will analyze all data and depending on a user he will change search engine results according to your preferences and interested topics. Those websites that you often visit will be shown higher than other ones. The Google robot can add some news resources of the same topics you visit earlier and in search engine results you can view your favorite internet resources (for example, websites bookmarks), or apps that can interest you. Thus, search engine robots analyze all user activities depending on a search engine query and decide by themselves what exactly search results to show. However, if a user enters a new topic, for example, construction, than search engine robots will display general search results for all users.
What Affects Search Engine Results:
- Geographical location (the same keyword can differ in different cities, even in different regions of the same city);
- Languages (if a user searches lots of information, for example, in Italian, than your search engine results will have more Italian websites than other ones);
- Search History (search engines analyze your recent search engine terms and compose search engine results based on these queries);
- History of visited websites (search engine systems form a certain opinion about your preferences and interests based on topics of visited websites);
- Social media (search engine results can be formed depending on your interests, recommendations of your friends in social networks and websites that your friends estimate);
- And many other things…
How to view general search engine results:
1. Open the Google Chrome browser in Incognito mode (the browser won’t take into account your history of visited websites, social networks, authorization in search engine accounts and etc.).
a) Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
b) Select a New incognito window;
c) A new window will open with the incognito icon in the corner.
2. Open a search engine.
3. Enter a search engine query.
In order to get more exact website positions you can use automated services as the services don’t take into consideration user’s preferences, social networking and etc. That’s why you can get accurate website rankings!