We’ve launched a new version of our API, and it’s ready for you to test it out. Actually, this is the fourth and currently the most updated version of our API. Don’t be surprised that you’ve never heard of the third version of our API – it’s only popular among our developers 🙂
What is really cool about this version is that it allows you to get access to almost all sections of the online platform (only the Rankings section was previously available); plus, now you can set up the API customization process with ease. In the future, we’ll continue expanding the list of sections open for API.
Let’s take a closer look at what’s new.
Why you need SE Ranking API
An API (an application programming interface) is used to provide programmatic access to application data. In fact, it allows you to work with already existing codes. Our API helps SE Ranking users automate big data management tasks outside the interface of the online platform.
The SE Ranking API is absolutely necessary if you need to manage large accounts quickly and effectively, customize them to your needs, as well as view, add or delete projects.
The benefits of using SE Ranking API
The new API allows you to:
- manage large projects
- collect only necessary data
- automate project workflows
- create complex analytical reports
- use SE Ranking data in various business applications, widgets, and panels
Taken all in all, the API is a great feature that enables advertising companies, digital agencies, search engine marketing companies, and big brands to manage big data in a convenient manner.
How to use it
The API application is pretty simple:
1) Subscribe to the Enterprise plan. One API SEO Data request costs $0.003.
2) Generate an API key from your SE Ranking user account. Log in to the user account; go to Settings -> API and click the “Generate API Key” button.
3) You can edit or delete the API key in the same section.
Methods and data format
The API is accessible via the HTTPS protocol. All API method invocations are HTTP GET/POST/PUT/DELETE requests to the URL: https://api4.seranking.com/api
All the data is both received and transmitted via the UTF-8 encoding standard. The data transmitted in the body of the POST/PUT request must be in JSON format.
If the invocation is done successfully, an HTTP 2xx code is returned. If an error occurs, an HTTP 4xx code or an HTTP 5xx code with a description of the error is returned.
The SE Ranking API helps automate work with projects (creating, editing, deleting, getting statistics) and SEO data (getting the TOP 100 SERP results from Google and Yandex for key phrases – with URL, snippet, site position) with no active project in SE Ranking.
Use the SE Ranking API to:
- get a list of all user projects
- get a list of search engines used in a project
- add/change/delete search engines from a project
- get a list of keywords with the target pages of a particular project
- obtain a project’s summary statistics
- obtain the statistics on a project’s keyword ranking check for a specified time period
- add new keywords to a project
- add a new project to a user account
- change/update the project settings
- delete a project from a user account
- delete keywords from a project
- set positions for a project’s keywords
- run a ranking position check for certain keywords or for the entire project
2) Project groups
- add/delete project groups from a user account
- rename a project group
- receive a list of all project groups from a user account
- transfer projects from one project group to another
3) Keyword groups
- add/delete a group for project keywords
- transfer project keywords from one group to another
- change the name of a project keyword group
- get a list of keyword groups for a specified project
- add a competitor’s site to a project to track positions
- get a list of all competitors added to a project
- get statistics on the positions of competitors’ keywords that were added to a project
- remove a competitor’s site from a user project
- get a list of the TOP 10 results for keywords tracked in a project
- get a list of the TOP 100 results for keywords tracked in a project
- get data on sites that were ranked in the TOP 10 for each tracked query
5) URL Tags
- get a list of landing page tags added to a domain and/or link
- add a tag to a site and attach it to a domain and/or link, if such were transferred
- add a tag to a domain and/or link
- delete a tag
6) Analytics and traffic
- get popular queries from the Google Search Console
- get popular queries from Yandex.Webmaster
- assess the potential traffic volume
- assess the potential cost of traffic, if acquired from Google Ads
- assess the potential number of new customers
- check the balance of a user account
8) General data
- get a list of available search engines along with regions that can be added to projects for position tracking
- obtain a complete list of possible languages for the Yandex search engine
- obtain a complete list of possible languages for the Google search engine
- obtain a list of all regions where SE Ranking can run a keyword search volume check
- get the search volume data for a specified region and keyword list
9) Marketing plan
- get a list of marketing plan sections, items, and notes
- add/edit/delete a task
- set a task’s status
10) Business directories
- get a list of regions where business directories have been collected
- get a list of directories’ links
- set a link status
11) Website audit
- get the status of an audit
- get audit report data
- get a list of pages for a specified check
- view audit histories
- get backlink statistics
- get a list of a site’s backlinks
- add (delete) a backlink
13) Competitor SEO/PPC research
- get data on all databases related to the domain
- get the keyword statistics for organic or paid traffic for the selected database
- get historical data on parameters (number of keywords, clicks, cost) for organic or paid traffic
- get a list of keywords for a domain
- get an overview of paid ads for a keyword
- get an overview of paid ads for a domain
- get a list of competitor domains
- get a list of keywords for two domains
14) SEO Data
- get the TOP 100 SERP results from Google and Yandex for key phrases – with URL, snippet, site position
- get the result for the keyword previously added to the queue
- obtain a list of all user queries added to the queue in the last 24 hours
You can find a highly detailed documentation, code samples for each method, error codes and statuses here.
The number of API queries is not limited, however, we set the limit only on the speed of sending queries. This is a necessary measure so that we can create a successful API experience for all users.
The main limit is designed to prevent you from sending queries more than 5 times per second. When the number of queries is exceeded, the server will send a message that the application needs to slow down. If users repeatedly go over the limit on the number of possible queries per second, they will have limited access to the API for 10 minutes. Should the limit be exceeded again in the future, the blocking time will increase.
Working with the API is much faster and more efficient than doing the same work manually. The SE Ranking API is a great option for those who want to automate their work with large projects and big SEO data while getting accurate information in a convenient manner.