More and more users prefer cloud services to desktop software: accessibility, convenience and speed of the cloud speak for themselves. On request of our customers, we have automated the procedure of migrating projects with ranking historical data from Rank Tracker to SE Ranking. Follow the steps below.
The algorithm of migrating projects from Rank Tracker to SE Ranking.
1. Open Rank Tracker and choose a project.
2. Export the project: File -> Export.
3. On Steps 1 and 2 select Тext/CSV file type and comma as a delimiter.
4. Select the “Export rankings historical data” option. Uncheck the box “Include competitors”.
4. You will then be prompted to create an export template. Press “Finish” and proceed to the next step.
5. Select the Search Engines you need to export the data from.
6. Finally, press “Finish” button, then save the file.
6. Proceed to your SE Ranking account. Create a new project or go to the settings of an existing one. In the project settings open “Keywords” section, press the “Import keywords” button and further select the “Import from CSV/XLS with positions history ”.
In “Format” from the dropdown list pick “CSV from Rank Tracker app.” Specify the regions that need to be assigned to the keywords. In case the regions that you enter are not present in the project, they will be added. Upload the file that you got from Rank Tracker.
7. Press “Apply” to add the keywords with ranking historical data to SE Ranking.